backgrounds

Friday, June 1, 2012

trip to North Dakota pushed back

Well we got the truck all put together and ready to go and decided to take it out for a few jobs well while it was out it started making a "banging" noise in the driveline so I took another truck out and brought the other truck back to the shop listened to the problem and between the few mechanics there decided the problem was in the transfer case.  Mind you this is the same transfer case I just pulled and had one of the other Mechanics "fix".  Well we got it out and split it and found out some of the bearings were going out when we pulled the case it was about boiling hot.  We found all the bearings to rebuild it but one and they estimated delivery on that one at 4 to 5 weeks.  Nice.  So we have tons of people looking for one bearing so we can get it back together and down the road.  So for now I'm staying home.  Yeah!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad I get a few more days with my Handsome:) I don't want to give him up to North Dakota!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great that y'all got some extra time together before the big migration begins. Mechanical issues....the joys of trucking!

    ReplyDelete