backgrounds

Sunday, June 17, 2012

stuck in North Dakota and nowhere to go.

Ok so I've been up here in North Dakota now for 9 days and to my surprise we STILL haven't had a job.  I'm not real sure what I'm even doing up here.  We were so not ready to come up here we aren't on any vendors list "you have to be on this list with every company or you can't go to work for them"  we didn't even have a means of putting water in our trucks to go do a job if we had one.  I really gotta wonder what is going on down on the western slope.  Our sales guy left, the other guy that was working with me went home and left me with no way to get around pick-up wise...Oh sure they would love it if I took our 60,000 lb. hydro-vac to the gas station for something to drink.  I'm just really getting down on being up here.  We we're told that if we didn't come up here we wouldn't be guaranteed 40 hours a week.  And we were also told that we would be so busy up here that we would be begging to come home for a break.  Well hearing this I decided to lead a charge for North Dakota we brought the truck in, did about a months worth of work to it in two weeks. gathered all the info about the location we were going to live in.  I went out bought all the food I would need to survive up to three weeks (give or take) got this computer I'm typing on so I could keep in touch with my wife and take up some of the spare time I "might" have.  I have kept in touch with some of the other guys in Colorado and to my shock they are busy working!  DID I MISS SOMETHING???  I came up here because there is more work and somehow I find myself wishing I'd stayed home.  EPIC FAIL!!!  I couldn't describe how I feel about my job right now better than saying being up here is like playing Russian Roulette with myself pulling the trigger once a day.  The gun is a six shooter and I'm at the end of day five.  Everybody is saying don't worry it will get better I tell them "no shit it can't get worse".  All I can do is sit in this trailer and browse the internet cook clean and watch all my movies again cause I ran out of movies to watch.  Well the owner comes up here on Tuesday so I guess some things our gonna get handled before he leaves.  Hope it all works out I really did come up here to work and make some money how frustrating is it to see thousands and thousands of people go to work everyday knowing that your not.  Oh well I will keep my chin up as high as I can and see what each new day brings.  Until next time,  "stay thirsty my friends"

No comments:

Post a Comment