backgrounds

Monday, June 4, 2012

Ok here is my picture of the day.  I love trucks.  Everybody I know calls me a truck whore.  In no way do I consider this a bad thing.  I got my cdl when I turned 21 most companies won't hire someone any younger than that for insurance reasons.  I love driving trucks, I love going different places, meeting new people, hearing the turbo spool up shifting through the gears.  Trucks are what make this country.  It really saddens me to see the pride people used to have for trucking being sucked out of the industry by larger companies hiring people who have never drove anything larger than a volkswagon and after two days of "intense" training hand them the keys to an ugly "looks like every other truck in the yard" and sending them down the road.  These are what we call "steering wheel holders"  oh yeah you know who you are.  They give the rest of us a very bad name and a reputation to match.  For those of you that have diesel running through your veins I salute you.  And without you this country would be nothing.  Long live the "real american truck driver"

P.S.   Is that a bad ass Pete or what?!!?

1 comment:

  1. eh....or what. Sorry! That ones does nothing for me. I don't like the ones that are all hyped up like that, though I dislike the "look like all the other trucks" ones too. Picking up our new baby on Monday. Still short the Ally Arc and some odds and ends. Hood ornament's in the mail though and Malcolm will get it all together. Thanks for the salute! The industry has really gone down hill. "Real" truckers are backing out of it left and right b/c it's so disgusting these days and the big monster companies just make it more and more unpleasant. Did Mandi tell you about our Swift encounter a few weeks ago? Safe journey to our eastner neighbor! Maybe we'll run into you sometime while your up here! Bring Mandie!!!!

    ReplyDelete